Practice for Part 4 of the Reading and Use of English paper in the B2 First (FCE) Exam with these questions all related to a long week at work.
You must complete the second sentence so it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. You must use BETWEEN TWO AND FIVE WORDS including the word given.
(1) IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE for me to finish work on time any day this week.
(2) I WAS TOO BUSY to eat lunch today!
(3) My boss doesn’t TAKE INTO account how busy I already am when giving me more work to do.
(4) I didn’t do AS MUCH WORK last week as this week.
(5) I NO LONGER WANT TO WORK for this company!
(6) I had to assure my boss that I had EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.